- 1 head of organic cauliflower (~1 lb)
- 3/4 cup of beer (any beer you want–I used Ginger Beer for extra flavor)
- 1/4 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce (or Bragg’s Soy Sauce alternative)
- 1 to 2 cloves of sliced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- 1 sliced avocado or guacamole
- Lime Coleslaw (see below)
How to make it:
1. Turn the oven to 400°
2. Chop cauliflower into small florets no bigger than a quarter. In a saucepan, warm the beer, broth, lime juice, soy sauce, hot sauce, and garlic over medium heat. Add the cauliflower and bring to a simmer for about 1-2 minutes. Drain.
3. Toss the spices, salt and olive oil together in a large bowl. Add the cauliflower and onion and stir until they are coated in spices. Pour onto the baking sheet and bake until browned (~20 minutes), stirring halfway through.
4. Warm the tortillas in the microwave, oven or stovetop. Fill them with cauliflower filling, slices of avocado or guacamole, some coleslaw and salsa.
- 1/2 head of green cabbage (~1/2 lb)
- 1 small carrot
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
How to make it:
- Cut vegetables into thin strips that are no longer than 2 inches.
- Mix together rice vinegar, olive oil, lime juice and salt.
- Add dressing to vegetables before you eat and toss well.