A single glass of warm, fresh squeezed lemon water can provide many health benefits. Lemons are a great source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B5, Potassium, Calcium, Folate and Pectin Fiber. They also have medicinal and antibacterial properties. It’s simple, drink a glass of warm lemon water every damn day! You will thank me one day. This was recommended to me by my acupuncturist years ago and I try to drink a glass every morning.
Warm lemon water can:
- Boost your immune system – lemons are a rich source of Vitamin C which is essential in protecting your body against immune deficiencies. Drinking lemon water first thing in the morning gives your body a chance to effectively absorb the Vitamin C.
- Neutralize free radicals – Vitamin C is an important antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals in the body. This has be shown to be helpful in reducing symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Natural flush – Drinking lemon water daily can help stimulate stomach acid and bile production which aids in your body eliminating waste more efficiently (and can help with constipation!).
- Aid in digestion – Most of us are dehydrated when we wake up in the morning since during sleep we are typically not drinking water. Drinking warm water first thing in the morning can help flush the digestive system and rehydrate the body. Lemon water can help you digest your food by helping your liver produce more bile.
- Improve skin – Flushing the toxins in the body and improving digestion can lead to cleaner skin. Vitamin C aids in collagen production for healthier and smoother skin.
- Warm 24 ounces of water.
- Squeeze 1/2 of a large lemon or a whole small lemon into the warm water.
- That’t it, Enjoy!